Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Dylan: New Years at the MTC


Dear friends and family, 

The time has finally come. I leave Sunday evening to Russia! Just my companion and I. We first head to New York than to Moscow, where we will solve legal issues, than head over to Rostov by Wednesday evening, and then we’ll be shipped off to our area the next morning. 
This has been my favorite week so far because I have grasped a small taste of how wonderful and merciful the Atonement of Jesus Christ is. And I have gained a small knowledge of just how great Heavenly Father loves me personally and the people of Russia personally and you personally. He is our literal Father of our spirits. He loves us so much he sent his only Begotten Son so that we may be saved from our sins. The Atonement is very real, it is a real force. I love the Savior with all my heart and will try my best to follow him and become like him. And I hope that you will always strive to keep working to grow closer to him and become like him.

For New Years, Brad Wilcox spoke to us and Lexi Walker sang throughout the devotional. She is only 15 and has the most talented voice I have ever heard. They don't do anything for New Years in the MTC, we just get to work. On New Years Eve though I left my room to brush my teeth and say my prayer and my companion happened to shut the door all the way, which you can't open from the outside without a key. By the time I tried getting back in my room they were all asleep, and I mean ASLEEP! I tried knocking on the door but they were all out, I even tried breaking up through the roof and throwing my flashlight though the vent to try to wake them up haha. Luckily way down my hall the Armenians were packing to leave so I was able to sleep in their room. In the morning my roommates didn't realize I was gone the whole night and just assumed I was starting my New Years off bright and early. There was quite a bit more that happened, but it was a very interesting memorable New Years Eve. 

I am so excited to get out in the field! This is the Lord's work and he has a mighty and special plan for the people of Russia, and I am excited to see the prophecies fulfilled there.

Love, Elder VanBuskirk




Hello family, 

I love all so much! The MTC has been a wonderful experience I have learned so much here and more importantly grow closer to the savior and the power of His love and His Atonement. The spirit is very strong here and I will miss the devotionals and really everything about the MTC. I am one of few missionaries to have the opportunity to be here for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I don't have much time to email but I wanted to let each of you know how much I love you and how greatly Christ and our Heavenly Mother and Father loves you. Thank you for all that you have done for me and taught me throughout my life. I am beyond excited to get out there! Our mission President is just awesome! He's been keeping in contact with us so he can get to know us more so that he can pick a fit companion for us. He is very well organized and knows what he is doing, I'll be in good hands. So in one our sunday meetings Sister Clark, our Branch President's wife, was talking about how when President Hinkley visited the People of Russia he told them that the time will come when the work will practically come to a stop, but then the doors will swing open in Russia and it will be a miraculous time for the work. I am so excited to be part of that prophecy and I am excited to see what the Lord has in mind for his people over there. They have found all the tribes in Eastern Europe, and I am excited to help gather it. They have told us that we are going in the front line of the battle for the Lord's work, I know it will be hard, but I am excited to meet the challenge. 

Please send me Alex, Grandma and Grandpa Wilbur's email too, and any other family members.


Love, Elder Vanbuskirk

















\





No comments:

Post a Comment