Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, January 22, 2018

Dylan: A Realization

Дорогие семья и друзья

Second week out in the field, and I've come to a realization of just how challenging it is here to find people to teach, because first it's Russia and mostly the law really makes it difficult. Many of the missionaries have lost hope in finding people to teach. My trainers haven't had much success at all throughtout their missions on finding, but I wasn't going to fail the people of Russia that are waiting for us to bring them back home that easily so I really pushed my trainers that we were going to try extra hard to be obedient and talk to everyone we can and be intune to the spirit so the that we can have some success. I promised them that if we tried our hardest we would see miracles take place. Well they got excited and we gave an extra push to try to talk to everyone we could find and hopefully have a normal conversation that could lead to us explaing how we are volunteers for our church and try to gain curiosity in them to want to have a lesson to learn more in the church building. Well this is a very difficult task, and to our suprise absolutely nothing happened, we couldn't get a single conversation far enough to get anywhere, any contacts or anything. That sunday after church we were studying while one of my trainers was doing some things for our branch since he was the branch secretary. I was just reflecting on the week and was getting so discouraged on how we tried so hard and put all our hope that we could at least get a conversation towards the gospel and how my whole mission could be like this.

All of a sudden a 30ish year old man knocked on the door. I just assumed it was just some member froma different brach but my trainors waived to me that they had no idea who he was. I jumped out of my chair to greet him and he insisted he sit down and for us to teach him about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. We were't about to tell him no, so we sat the man down and taught him the restoration. Apparently many years ago a missionary handed him a BOM but he wasn't interested in God are religion at the time so he just put it somewhere in his house, but now he is ready to learn about God and he realized he had a BOM so he thought he'dstart there and find a church. We were all completely shocked the whole time! We couldn't believe this was happening. He agreed to come to church on Sunday. Whether anything happens or not, that beside the point. I learned many lessons this past week about patience, hope,faith, dilligence, and many other things. God has prepared people who are ready for His word and blessings everywhere, some places are harder to find than others, but they are out there. It is all in the Lord's time and hands, not ours. He expects us to try our hardest and to always have faith and hope no matter how many times we get discouraged or turned down, because He needs to see that even through the bad or good, we have faith and hope in Him and his work. And then He will trust us with his beloved children who are needing to hear of His gospel and love for them. I know that God won't just put everyone on our church doorstep on a silver platter, but that he won't ever abandon us, that is work is real and the fields are ready to harvest even if we are blind and can't find them on our own, but with our most dilligent effort ,faith, and his help He will lead us to them.

Another amazing moment this week. We had a lesson in a inactive member's small apartment, the size of a tiny bedroom where a single mother and daughter live, with everything they owned.They are truly amazing people and I love them dearly. It was our last lesson of the night and it has been snowing all week, so the daughter insited that we had snowball fight outside like always. So we had an awesome snowball fight and right across the street a bunch of boys started lighting a ton of fireworks while we were having a snowbal fight, it was just one of those awesome picture perfect mission moments I will always remember.

I love you all, and my little timer on the bottomof my screen is about to come to an end.


Искренне ваш, ст. ВанБускирк


















No comments:

Post a Comment