Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, March 12, 2018

Derek: Captain's Log week 18: Entrenamiento Hecho





 "Therefore, O my son, whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely; and whosoever will not come the same is not   compelled to come; but in the last day it shall be restored unto him   according to his deeds." (Alma 42: 27)

So Transfers are in and we got four baptisms last week. I am excited about both and don’t know where to start.

I decided to start with the baptisms.  We had it on Friday because there was stake conference on Saturday and Sunday. The baptism went well, but started a little late. I had to pay 600 pesos again to fill up the font because the church had no water. We did their baptisms and their conformations on the same day. It went smoothly and they all have really strong testimonies as well.  

So I was kind of nervous because every time we get a good number of baptisms we also run out of people to teach right after, because we just got most of them baptized. But this is the Lord’s work and he delivers. He is already placing people who are really excited to learn and their friends in our path. The Lord does truly find the elect.

Ok, and Transfers where pretty great as well. I am staying in Villa, and my new comp is a Mexican who knows no English, which I am super excited for. Because, I love this place and my Spanish definitely needs the help. I also found out that Elder Vigil is going to be in my district which I am super excited about. We are also getting sister missionaries to which is great because we have never had any in our zone since I’ve been here. They also whited-out the assistants to the president. One of the old ones, Elder Wolfe, will be my zone leader, and the other will be a zone leader with Elder Young, who I knew before the mission. So things are going great here. I am also officially done with my training as well, and I am super excited about what is in store this transfer.


 (Picture above:) We baptized Rafial (16), the tall one 2 people away from my comp, as well as the three next to me. From left to right: Brenda (14), Doris Bell (22), Juan (18). Juan and Brenda are also cousins.



Pictures from a ward Valentines party a few weeks back while I was on exchanges.



Hi mom. I’m awesome. Transfers are in. I’m getting a comp from Mexico who doesn’t speak English, which is good. It will be good to learn some Mexican Spanish from him.  I would love to be his last comp. Michael Young was called as a zone leader, different zone. We now have sisters in our district. And, wait for it... Elder Vigil is in my district too. And last week my comp and I hand more baptisms then the rest of the district combined. 2 transfers in a row.


Ok. Sweet. Got to go. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment