Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, March 26, 2018

Dylan: How How Much Joy the Gospel Brings


Hello! 

So my trainer is also a zone leader with another missionary in Center. But our mission is too small that we don't have districts, so they go on splits with everybody and that leaves me with the other zone leader's companion. He is Russian and doesn't speak any English, so it's quite fun because I don't know much Russian. And next week we will be together for 4 days, so it should be a good opportunity for my language. But I also can now lead my area and get around and everything by myself, but my Russian is still horrendous. 

We had a game night and fireside at the mission president’s home with all the other missionaries in Rostov and it was awesome. It's interesting because many of our baptisms and investigators are from other countries. They have some Universities in Center and it is easy for the missionaries to meet the students from abroad who speak English and we give them a friend group. Like some of my favorite people that always come to game night are Cocoa (from Indonesia), Nam (from Vietnam), and Kim (from Kenya, and Jamaica). It's a lot of fun, Our mission is great because there are a lot of different cultures. 

So while on a split in Center we played volleyball and went to a game night with another Christian group. I thought it was kind of awkward that they go to that to try to find potentials, but they are all really nice and it's just nice seeing other religions who are trying to make a good environment for young adults. 

We spent a lot of time this week helping members get all of their family history data from online before they shutdown the Family Search website.

The highlight of my week was when we just taught Ivan (our recent convert); we taught him how to bless the sacrament, and it just makes me so happy and makes all the struggle worth it when we see him progressing and just how much joy the gospel really brings him. I feel so privileged to see him at this stage of his conversion, because he is a miracle in himself. He has been talking to the missionaries for almost 20 years, and his wife would never let him get baptized then, and when his wife died a few months ago, how he was really hurt and done with the church but he came back with a broken heart and with so much faith. I just feel so blessed to see him so happy and in peace, and how it was such a long journey for him and all those missionaries that must have worked with him and have no idea that he actually did it. 

Elder VanBuskirk



I got to go mom. But I love you soooooo much. Have a great week! Your pics are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment