Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, March 5, 2018

Derek:Captain's Log Week 17: Corte de pelo




"Search diligentlypray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant where with ye have covenanted one with another." D and C 90:24

So this week went super well. On Thursday I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish. My goal was to finish the whole thing by the end of my training and I finished 2 weeks early. (Dang I only have two weeks of training left.) But now my new goal is to finish the whole standard works, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, and the whole Bible, in Spanish before the end of my year mark. Which is about ten pages a day. So piece of cake. This week was also super good because we are going to have 4 baptisms this Friday. We are having it Friday because Saturday is stake conference and the last day of the transfer. So we will have the baptisms and the conformations this Friday. They are super cool, one is this 22 year old named Dorisbell. She is super cool. She has been in investigator since before I got here but was gone on vacation for the first 8 weeks I was here. She has a really good testimony, but she struggled with thinking that she wasn’t good enough for baptism. We informed her that baptism was the first step to perfection and now where close to the last, and yesterday we got her final answer that she wants to get baptized. Next is Niki and Brenda. They are 18 and 14 year old cousins. The just showed up to church one day and told us in the first lesson that they wanted to be baptized. So we taught them, they have a testimony and will be baptized this Friday. And last is Rafial. He also just showed up to church with his friends and we have been teaching him for a good while now.


That’s pretty much it, but we got one more fecha for next week but we will see how that goes. I also got a hair cut. Some elders wanted to cut my hair so after a district meeting I let them. The each did a half so it wasn’t completely even and right now my hair is the shortest it has even been in my life. No joke. I think I was born with more hair.


Hi mom,
Mckee got me a tie from Japan. Can you put it in my package? And I don't know about the recorder. It's being dumb. And I read that you have all these fans. Do any of them have cute Mormon daughters that can email me?  Ligit question. Other than that, and Reeses( they don't have them here) I'm good thanks again Mom, I love you as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment