Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, March 19, 2018

Derek: Captin's Log Week:19 Mucho Fe

And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God. (Alma 31: 5)

Ok, I just wanted to start by giving my investigators and members a shout out. So as I said earlier, my area is huge. So throughout this week we would have to walk from one part of the area to another, or sit in a carito for literally 50 minutes to go to an investigator’s house. After each one of those trips my comp would say "Mucho Fe" or “much faith”, because these people are willing to go though all that every week just to go to church. Super humbling.  I love my new comp. He is super cool and a hard worker. So, I was wrong last time. My comp knows some English, just enough where he can help me but not too much to where it’s cheating. So he tries to talk to me in English AND I only talk to him in Spanish. This is super great because now we can both learn. He teaches a little differently that what I’m used to, not worse or anything just different, but I’m trying to get accustomed to it.

So right now we have a lot of really good new investigators. Some are references and the others are one of those golden investigators; the ones that you didn't even knew existed and just show up to church. We had 3 of those yesterday. This lady and her 20 year old daughter just walked into the church. Then she sats next to me in gospel principles and the lesson started talking about the Book of Mormon. Then she turns to me and asked if I had one that she could have. So of course I gave her one. So after class we planned a lesson with her, her husband, and her daughter for that night. And at this lesson, (and by the way they live further away on foot then any of our others on foot.) But the first thing she said is that she already read some of the Book of Mormon that day and felt something as she read. She promised that she would read more and pray to know if its true before our next lesson. She also has friends and parents in the church.

So we also met with Doris Bell this week, the one that just got baptized last week, to ask for a reference. And she said of course, I already invited my friend to church and he said he wants to talk with you guys. That’s cool. Later that week we went to his house with her and talked to him a bit. We invited him to church and gave him a baptism date. He went to church yesterday and we have a lesson tomorrow with him but it seems like its going to work out. And his name is Litcher by the way. That’s pretty much it. God is blessing us and the people here right now because of our and their faith. And I’m glad I am a part of it.

Love, Elder VanBuskirk

No comments:

Post a Comment