Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, March 26, 2018

Derek: Captin's Log Week 20: Batido De Spaghetti

"32 But all things must come to pass in their time.
33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." (D&C 64:32-33)

So, like, I had a milkshake made of spaghetti this week. And before you ask? Yes, that is a thing here. No, it wasn't good. Yes, I found strength to finish it. That’s all I'm going to say about that.

We had a zone conference this week where the President had a good talk about opening your mouth and that was really good. I also got to see all the elders that were in my CCM district because they are all in the zone. We also spent a really good amount of time this week contacting which have haven't really done much of to this point. It seems to be going well, but you never really know how it is received until later. We are working with a lot of good people right now who are really good and I really love them. But this week we had to drop 4 investigators. They where not progressing and I always hate doing that because this is really important to me. But we gave them everything they needed but they refused to try what we had. They never read or went to church so there was no way they could know our message is true.

Also this week some random dudes walked up to me handed me a Rubik’s cube, and as I was solving it 9 other guys walked up and started watching. When I finished it I handed it back to him and they where all cheering, but I walked away with out saying a word. Like a Boss.

Yeah that’s pretty much it. Not much happened this week.


Elder VanBuskirk

No comments:

Post a Comment