Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Derek: Captain´s Log Week 34: El Marcado



Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." (Paslms 37:4)


This week was super special. We had 2 more baptisms; both 9 year olds of partial member families. One of them is Jose. He is the oldest of a family that I baptized when I first got here. It was really special because we got to complete the family. And it was super cool because the father got to do the baptism too. It was a short beautiful service, then afterwards we and got ice cream with the family and the senior missionaries here. 


Also today I went to some Haitian market. That place was insane. Totally gross and crowded. I even caught some dude knuckles-deep in my pocket trying to snatch some cash, but I pulled a quick Dora and smacked Swiper’s hand with my Gatorade bottle. But I came away with a Jurassic World shirt, a nice brand new good brand tie, a Tommy Bahama's tie and a Tabasco tie for only 3 bucks. Win!

Con mucho amor, Elder Banbuci


Mom, I have a question. Did you say the contents in the package was over 200 bucks? Because if so it will probably be stuck in customs forever.  The last guy had to call every day to make sure they eventually got it. It’s ok.  I’ll get it.

Sorry, I gotta go. Love you. Tell Caleb to gove you respect because he is gonna miss you one day. Happy 4tth.

No comments:

Post a Comment