Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, July 9, 2018

Derek: Captain's Log Week 35: 4 de julio

" Therefore, choose you by the voice of this people, judges, that ye may be judged according to the laws which have been given you by our fathers, which are correct, and which were given them by the hand of the Lord. " (Mosiah 29: 25)

So this week was good, not much happened but we celebrated 4th of July with a good old fashion BBQ. We went to the store and bought the best stake that we can find for 150 pesos (3 bucks) which wasn't that great. But one of the guys in my house brought some rubbing seasoning from home so it was pretty great. I don’t have picks of that with me right now but maybe this week.  

But the work wasn't that good. So I spent all of Tuesday sick in bed. I was non-stop throwing up or diarrhea. Welcome to the DR. So we got nothing done that day. We literally had no investigators go to church yesterday and my favorite investigator, who has a baptism date this Saturday told us he wasn't interested anymore. But we'll keep pushing it. 

Sincerely, Elder BurgerKing

Tell Nate I said “What’s up?”
Gotta go. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment