Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Dylan: Russian People are Nice



хало friends and family and acquaintances, 

It's been a great week here in Russia, I love my companion. We work hard together and are putting in some good work. We tried to find some new finding spots and the first day we didn't find any good spots, but we did find some cool places, like this chill gym spot by the river hidden behind the grass, and some WW2 artillery base by the river. We got two people to come to the branch and we made them investigators.

So how it works is, we like trick people to hearing about the gospel; we go around trying to get people's numbers and try to plan to play ping pong in the branch and then we get them in there (which rarely happens), we play ping pong hopefully get them into a conversation about why we are here, and then we say well we have this really awesome video we could show which explains it well, then we go to the office and watch "Because of Him" and then a BOM Mormon Message, and than next thing they know it they have a BOM in their hand, we are testifying of the church, and inviting them to learn more. We do it every time, and are starting to get our tactic down. But it is just so funny how we do things: people come in wanting to play ping pong and leave with a BOM wondering what the heck just happened. So you never know what you are going to get because we can't be up front with people on the streets of who we are, we just try to do anything to get them into the church building. But one of these days, we will get someone in who is interested. The Lord will prepare them if we keep working hard.

Also this week this guy Sergei came to church who is very interesting; he says he won't be baptized because he wants to "start his own sect" and he believes that our church gets people rich and he wants to make this compromise that if the church helps his business (which is nonexistent) he will get baptized, as if we really want him that badly. He also gave us a letter to give to the president of our church. He's trying to meet with our mission president but we are trying to keep the dude as far a way from him. A bunch of other crazy stuff happened.

Thanks Mom and Dad, and Derek and McKee for all the good in the package, truly appreciated! <3

Oh I also wanted to just say how much I love the people here. A lot of people think that everyone here is a drunk are just very rude, mean, and miserable. But that is not true. Yeah there are some of the "not the nicest people". But I have met so many kind cool wonderful people, so I just want to make that clear, like this week some nice people helped us out and also when we went ice skating some older beast of a man was trying to teach me how to stop properly. So in short, there are many wonderful amazing people here, and I love them. 

Elder VanBuskirk


Hey mom. Wow, sounds like a trip.  Hope you had fun!  I got the package!!! Thank you so much! I love it.  I hope I will have enough room to take it all home with me!  Thanks for the finding tools, that should help a lot. Thanks for the letter.  And it is all good over here.  We are probably working the hardest.  I think we are up there fro leading the mission! And my Russian is getting better. I’ve been working very hard on it with my companion. He is the best.
Yeah the football is awesome, I want to take it back home with me.  Thanks.  I will try to keep working hard. Did Derek send you a tie that you were supposed to send me?

WHATTTTTT? That’s the coolest thing! I’m so proud of Spencer and Gordon! Can you find a way to get me their emails?























No comments:

Post a Comment