Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Derek: Captain´s Log Week 36: En Blanco

So yeah, my area just got blanked, so tomorrow my comp and I will both be leaving. I was ready, and low-key hoping to leave. But now I’m just concerned about our investigators. But to be honest, the area was slowly dying anyway. None of our investigators where keeping commitments like to read or go to church. It is hard but I think this is really what this area needs: just a good old fresh new start.

Though we do have one investigator I’m excited about. I had a dream one night where I was inviting people to a baptism and they asked me who it was for, so I replied with some name of I girl I don’t remember, and I said that she was a friend of a convert named Danny. So that same day I go to Danny’s house to help teach her son. As we get there we found out her son wasn’t there, but her friend was. I have never met this girl before, but the second we walked in and sat down she came in from another room and introduced herself and we contacted her. She said that she lives right next to our house and has always wanted to talk to us, so we went to her house and taught her and her whole family about the Book of Mormon. They were super cool and excited about it, and yesterday they told us that they have been reading it, which is good. Any way maybe the whole dream part was just an coincidence, but when she gets baptized with her family, it wont just be a dream then.

We also had an open house thing on Saturday where my comp and I had to teach the Restoration in under 15 minutes 5 times, so that was tiring.


Hi mom, I’m on.
Dylan said he never got my tie. No, I didn’t send one to Caleb.

That’s how Lations eat mangos, and the skin is actually my favorite part.

Yes, I like that, oh and my package is at customs right now.

Thanks, that means a lot. And next time you ever go to the record store, let me know because I have some requests.  Well, you might forget if you don’t write them down, but: the Guardians of the Galexy mix tape vol.2 and an album by the Black Keyes called El Camino.

Gotta Go. Love you








No comments:

Post a Comment