Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, July 30, 2018

Dylan: Crazies!


EY! Elder Van here,

Not much time, but this has been a GREAT week! 

After a lesson with an inactive, I had an idea to go left instead of right as soon as we went out the door. I didn't know if it was the spirit, but my motto is if it doesn't hurt you go for it. So when I told my comp he was not feeling it. But the thought came up again so I decided to be a little more persistent. After going left we found this young man reading a book, so I went up to talk to him and he ended up being a police officer. But we got his number anyways, hahaha. He is a great guy. We then got 2 other numbers. I just thought it was cool to see a prompting come through, because it's hard to know if you are having a prompting so you just got to go for it anyways. 

We had an amazing week here in Zapadney. We have really been able to witness the Lord do his work; we started of with nothing really to work with and now have now in this transfer alone put Zapadney on the map, having the most new investigators. This week we had been blessed with 7 awesome people, and a few others weren't receptive but we are planning on making this next week our best yet!





Funny of the week:  So I tell my friend Nam from Vietnam in Center that there is a possibility I could be leaving soon. So he pulls me into the kitchen. The lights are off and he grabs a knife and says that he wants to give a piece of his body for me to keep forever... I thought he was going to cut his finger off, but he then puts the knife to his throat and I start telling him to calm down as if he is suicidal, he than tried to cut off his beard hair with the big kitchen knife and after many attempt finally got it off and put in a little bag. So now another cherished emblem to remember my mission is a bag with a man from Vietnam's beard hair...

Also, this guy Sergei came to church just to give us a 9 page hand written declaration to our church; it was some business agreement he wants us to give to the president of the church, saying a bunch of wack stuff. I haven't had time to read it yet, but it should be a quality language study. 

Pics:





 shashleek (barbecue) with some potential outside the church




 Dinner with our awesome senior office couple, taught them the volunteer Russian tradition



Sergei's deceleration to the church!



Hey Mom love you!!!! We haven't really found anyone who is really catching on to the gospel yet, but we will keep finding! Hahaha It is this cookie thing that we suck milk through it and it tastes very good! I got to go Love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment