Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, October 8, 2018

Derek: Captain's Log week 48: A Shooting.





Happy Columbus day!!! 

So this week a lot happened: my comp goes home, I got transfers, General Conference, and a shooting.

 So yeah, starting Monday night the gangs in my area have been busy. Apparently five gangsters have died and on Friday night literally 40 police officers where on the streets looking for them. It has gone down and isn't a problem right now and all of it happens late at night when we are home. But it totally wrecked the activity that we had on Friday night, literally the whole branch was gonna come but everyone is scared of the police, even more then they are of the gangsters.

As you a well know conference was super great, so you should watch it. 

And we got transfers too. I am going to stay here with a companion from Guatemala.  I haven’t heard a lot of good things about him, but I’m gonna try to make the most of it. Also my president of the mission has been sick and in Utah a week, so let’s see what happens with that. 

Anyway, I’m am excited for next transfer and am ready to work a lot harder and see more success.



No comments:

Post a Comment