Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, October 15, 2018

Derek: Captain’s Log week 49: Campanero Nuevo


So this week I have received a new companion. I didn’t hear a lot of good things about him before, but contrary to popular belief, he does shower, so I really can’t complain too much.  It’s just weird because he knows fluent Spanish but literally doesn’t do any of the talking or teaching, no even his testimony.  So  guess I’m going to get a lot of Spanish practiced between talking with him in the house and doing all the teaching.  And he has 20 months, and lets just day that the branch president has already complained about him to the mission president and my zone leaders.  But, obviously, we still get along because he is still a good person.

Anyway, enough about that. On Tuesday we did transfers, and I was told then that I would be district leader. I was like “ok sweet. cool.” Then that night I got a text that for now we didn't have a district leader and that we would have to call the zone leaders. All right, whatever. Then 2 days later we have a district meeting ran by the zone leader. Then a few hours later I got a call and a group text to the whole district saying that I would be district leader. So we get home that night a little bit early so I can be there when everyone calls me to let me know they where home, I was going to ask about themselves and their investigators and be the best district leader ever. But, then I got a group text after 9 saying that there has been changes and we need to call the zone leaders, I call them, and they tell me that I am no longer district leader, and that they were just as confused as I was. So I think I got some kind of record to be called and released as district leader twice in a period of 3 days. And now the zone leaders are also the district leader, which is obviously a little insulting because it means that they don't think anyone in my district should be district leader right now.  But whatever, I’m over it. 

Also both of our baptisms planned for this Saturday backed out. One was because he didn't go to church and the other because he still hasn't received his answer; even though he has been reading and praying and we have fasted for him. But everything will all happen it the Lord’s timing, I’m sure of it. 

We have been teaching this guy in English this week because he knows Creol and English and French, but not Spanish. So it’s funny because we are talking in English, his Book of Mormon is in Creol, his pamphlets are in French, and my comp prays in Spanish. It would just be a lot easier if we had help from the members to translate, but they all seem to be busy. 

We have also been planning to teach an English class on Thursdays and apparently a lot of people will be there. And I have no idea what I’m doing. 

I also participated in a zumba thing here at the church, which was kinda fun. My comp and the seminary kids laughed at me, but when I baptize the zumba instructor, then we'll see who will be laughing.

I tried making homemade butterfingers, but thanks to my 3rd world freezer and my 3rd world chocolate, that didn’t work. 

I also asked this guy to pray to know if he should get baptized in the church on a contact, so...


So yeah we have been working really hard this week, and I know that right now its hard, but in no time I'll be reaping the seeds that I’m sowing.












No comments:

Post a Comment