Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, October 22, 2018

Dylan: Service!


HEY! Thank you family for the package. I love it and love you! 

16 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God.

17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

I have been really digging deep in service this week (physically and in the scriptures) to understand how we can do more from the new approach and to prepare for a talk for sacrament meeting. I love the words of Mosiah. He really figured it out, that sincere service out of love is how we can feel God's love for his children and us. After much thought and prayer on the matter, his words became even more obvious; that when we serve others we humble ourselves, if our hearts are in the right place when we serve. And we get the opportunity to forget ourselves and to really grow a love for the other person and for God, to really take into account how we are nothing and God really does give us everything. And when we serve others and humble ourselves we gain wisdom, because we are able to look outside of ourselves to look through the eyes of others and the bigger picture, and we are able to make wise and proper decisions. Through true Humility comes great Wisdom.

We had the most tenacious service project this past week. We served the branch president by shoveling concrete into the walls of the base of his home. Except they didn't have tons of tools so they just poured the concrete mixture into the home from the truck, except it was a wrong mixture so it filled the whole house and was almost knee high, so we went to work and started shoveling it into the walls. It was CRAZY, but so much fun! With every shovel it became harder and harder to shovel the concrete into the walls. After more than 2 hours we some how got it all in, even though by the end we were practically picking at it. It was something else I can't really describe, but President was very grateful, as he has been very busy because his wife just had a baby and is in the hospital. I love service, and I know that as we serve others we serve our God.

 After I realized my hands and feet were burning and realized that all the skin on my hand and feet had rubbed of and were bleeding, because they were really dry before, and the shoveling didn't help. Elder Hays had is huge first aid kit on him like a true eagle scout and scrubbed my hands as if he was peeling potatoes so it wouldn't get infected, but geeeeez, I'm sure he got some much needed anger out on me with that. 

After being in some serious pain the next couple days, and not being able to walk too well or use my hands, I went though the huge list of "potentials" that we had received their numbers since I've been here, and at least 10 of them when I said, " Hey this is Van, the American guy you met, how are you?" They hung up so fast, and then continued to block my number, which is surprising because they were all very cool when we met and were very interested in doing something, but they probably all went online or talked to their friends and found out that we are an "American cult that wants to steal all there money and make them worship the devil with us". It's just crazy because we don't even talk to them about church and they still act as if we are the plague. So I was feeling down and feeling bad about myself, and realized that since I've been on the mish I've only see a few people come close and at the last second they become against and block us and want nothing to do with us. And I feel like I work hard all day and everyday and give an honest sacrifice but it always comes down. But I know I need to keep trying to convince myself that we are doing a great work here and nothing goes in vain, I know that this is the greatest work there is and I was able to pump myself back up again. We went on a surprise last-second to the District President’s house last night to drop of a gift for all they do and seeing their amazing family always brings me hope and joy. I know that the Lord has some souls in this land who are in need of the Gospel, and I will do all that I can to try to humble myself and work hard so we can find that soul who is ready. 

-Ст. ВанБускирк


Hey Mom, I love you so much! I hope you are having fun at NY. There are many Russians I meet who want to go there. Thank you so much for the package! I love it. I didn't get to look at all the letters because I haven't had much time, but thank you! The book is really funny. I like the captions, and the pictures bring back great memories. I am so grateful for all that you and Dad have given me for all the opportunities and love that you freely give. Thank you for letting me have the best childhood I could! I am so grateful for all the sacrifices that you and Dad do for us, and I don't even know half of them I'm sure.

We have game nights every Friday and I was wondering if you had any fun games like interactive one that we could play, that everyone can do. I want to spice them up a bit so people will want to come and come again, but I feel like it is the same thing evey week. I just love your ideas. Also we want to plan an activity for the YSAs and the English Group; any ideas? 
I love you and Dad so much! 


Thanks Mom!  Well, I think we will start an English night! Thanks, and if you can come up with anything else.  I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment