Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Friday, December 4, 2015

Alex: On Giving Thanks and Root Canals




Hi all! What a week! For my wonderful Thanksgiving I was in a dentist chair for 3 hours at night getting a root canal because my dentist at home didn’t see it before I left.  But the good thing is they did it here from a member so it was free. If I was home it would be a lot of cash for my family.  But wow, did that hurt! So that was my great Thanksgiving. ha ha.

Well yesterday, after weeks of no investigators in church, we finally had Gaby, who is 19 years old.  She visited church before with the other elders so we had been teaching her y helping her with her problem of the word of wisdom. We send her scriptures in the morning y vist her often.  We are planning to baptize her on December12. We taught her about being patient.  We read in Alma 14 about Alma and Amulek and the walls of the prison falling down.  She likes that story a lot y I do too.

 Well this week we did an activity with some less active families, the Toledos y Sister Pat y her 3 kids. Well, we made a tower out of flour then we went around y said different names of Christ until someone says “the rock” so then we put a candy on top y then we said this is our goals in life y then we went around with a spoon y we said something that we did that week that didn’t help us get to our goal, like not going to church, then after saying it you need to scrap some of the tower off, but who ever makes it fall needs to eat the candy with out using your hands. It was a great activity y the spirit was so strong y they all liked it. We also taught Hermana Gaby, who lives far away. We read 3 Nephi 11 about Christ coming to America y she liked it.  She wants to get baptized but she works on Sunday so we are doing a lot of praying y fasting.

Well we saw an elder who served here before y he told us about an investigator named Ivan.  So we visited him y talked to him y he went to church about 4 times, but the only problem is he is not married but he is planning to next month. He is such a great guy, he y his wife.

Well that is all.  Love you all so much y miss you a ton. Thanks for all the birthday wishes y love.  You guys are the best. Love Elder VanBuskirk

ADIOSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo




HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE ALEX
        

Hi mom. I’m on. Love you.
I’m good. Well my tooth was a root canal y it was the worst 3 hours of my life y it was on thanksgiving night. 
But I celebrated Thanksgiving. All I did was i said a thanks prayer for a long time in the morning of all my blessings.
Hey I got Nathan’s email. Sounds like he will be a great missionary. I’m sorry you didn’t get the whole 3 min to say goodbye to him.
That is cool about Dyana getting married. Can’t wait to see her y her new husband.
Hey, for my birthday I want you to make your pizza y I want you today to think of a family who dosen’t have a lot y do secret Santa y talk to it with the family tonight at family home evening, That is what I want the family to do for my birthday

Love you how are you? I bet you are busy with the holidays.  How are the boys y dad?
I cant wait to see your Christmas card. Love you.

I’m just so happy you guys are supporting me y loving! I can’t wait ton see you in 9 months! Love you!
Thanks. I got to go. Tell dad I wrote him y tell the boys I said hi. Love you so much y thanks for all the love y work you do for me. Love you mom. Tell Dad y all the boys I love them y pray for them y thanks for everything xoxoxo Love you
No love you more. Adios


Look at the picture what do you see? It made me y Elder Runyan so mad at them. It was from a church who gives out posters y wants us to be part of a thing of paz, no say.
I know – not about peace, is it? They told us it was in the Bible where it says when Christ comes again towers will burn y we said it doesn’t say by plane, y they said it is nothing to do with the twin towers on 9/11.  Yeah, right.








No comments:

Post a Comment