Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Nathan: An Adventure to the Outside World and a Call to Repentance



Здравствуйте (hello) everyone.  How is all going? 

Well this last week was exciting! Last Saturday I got to leave the MTC for about two hours which was pretty exciting cause I also got to go into an actual car! I was so excited that I forgot to put on my seat belt.  When you’re in the MTC this long you forget what it feels like to sit in a car! Any who, the reason for my adventure to the outside world is because I had to get stitches on my left hand ring finger. I was doing a old parlor trick where you fill a glass bottle with about 80% warm water then with one hand you hold the bottle and the other you smack the top of the bottle and if you do this right the bottom of the bottle will pop off. It’s pretty cool. Well to continue with the story, an elder in my district asked if any one would like to try it, and since all 15 of us elders are stupid young men, everyone tried the trick. Of course the only one who could do it, however, was me and I got trick down perfectly the first try. The next day I did it again, and again it was flawless. However, the third day I tried it, I squeezed a little too hard and I shattered the bottle in my hand, therefore slicing it. It was a pretty deep cut and I lost a lot of blood, but luckily I was standing over the trash can so no blood got on the floor. They had to take me to Instacare and they stitched it for me. I am, however, now the manliest elder in the MTC and now my nickname is Cinnamon Bear because I have huge paws(hands). Since I lost a lot of blood my immune system is was slow and so I got sick. Nothing too bad just a little cold. 

Also it is sneging(snowing) like crazy here. I just absolutely love it !!  I had to host some senior missionaries around the campus and it was a blizzard out side and I just stood out in it like for an hour.  That is probably another reason I got sick.

So on the spiritual aspect, my testimony of the atonement and of the gospel are growing larger and larger each day. Our investigators Lena and Taras are doing great. Taras was sick so we barely saw him but he went to church so that is awesome. We had a lesson where he confessed that his sins are too much for him to carry, so we taught him that through Jesus Christ and His Atonement he feels lighter and happier in his life and that he will be able to see his deceased brother again. Lena however is being a little stubborn. Ugh, oh well. We keep trying.

So the BYU Men’s Choir came to sing to us last Sunday. It was a Christmas concert it was absolutely beautiful!! Also we had the entire day Sunday dedicated to the topic Obedience which really hit me and I need to hear all of that, especially right after my cutting my hand. Also my branch president, Clark, roasted me in sacrament meeting regarding the hand issue and it made me feel horrible, so I repented and he told me that he did that to warn the other elders to behave. We have a saying for that. We call it “the Levi Savage call to repentance”.

 Well everyone, I love you all and you’re in my prayers. Also the reason I’m here is to help people realize that they can repent of their sins and that the scriptures are true and that they can lead you to a happier life. So if you are not reading the scriptures do so please. I’m begging you!!! Well, if you have time also read the story of Christ’s birth in the beginning chapters of Luke, Mark and Matthew. 

 Also don’t forget about dearelder.com my unit number is 71 and code is UKR-DNE JAN20.    

God Be With You Till we Meet Again
 Elder VanBuskirk (AKA Cinnamon Bear)





HEY MOM  Love you. miss you too!  Well, I sliced my finger open and had to get stitches. Yeah, it was deep, but its all good. I smashed a bottle with my hands. Don’t be mad. Its good. Oh just doing a bottle trick where you fill it up with water and hit the top and the bottom flies out but I squeezed too hard and it shattered in my hand. Oh well. I did it two times before and they both worked great and I’ve done it at home too. Hahaha. Sorry.

Well that was exciting to hear about Adam!!!! I love that guy and Dylan dyed his hair!!! Did he cut it too? I think it is awesome! Tell him that, please. Haha.  Sorry about the tree! My mouth dropped when I saw that! haha But your onaments looked so cool!

So could I get Adam’s address or email? Also, can I get the Clark's address?  I am so glad to hear about Gabby that is awesome and that the family hosting her lessons was the Whitlocks!!!! So Dom is doing okay then? Great. Ask him how he is doing, and tell him and Franky to read the scriptures because that is the reason why I’m here, to tell people to read the scriptures!

But I’m doing great. The Russian stinks but it is coming along. We started doing TRC which is basically home teaching lessons with real Russian speaking members, so that’s pretty cool and we get a new district today so thats gonna be fun.

Tell grandma I got her package and I’m waiting to open it. Ah naw, I don’t need anything. I think I’m good.Also today I did endowments and last week we did sealings for the first time, so that was exciting.

Oh, how is Ayden doing? Poor kid‬.
Not LUKE too!!!!!!! ugh hahahahah Too many broken bones! Tell them I wish them the best and tell the Thatchers I love them.

Also, I get to call home on Christmas, around 2 to 5 your  time for thirty minuets, so watch for that!  Good hahaha yeah! They just told us!

 Well, got to go. Thanks for the package! Love you! God be with you till we meet again.





No comments:

Post a Comment