Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, April 2, 2018

Derek: Captain's Log Week 21: Conferencia General




Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. (Amos 3:7)

So, I got baptized in a river today. Ok let me explain. So we have this really pretty river that goes right though our town. And so I asked the president for permission to baptize in it. He said sure, as long as we get some one who wants to. He also gave us permission to go inside to see if it was deep enough as well. So we found this really beautiful spot under this huge tree. (As seen below) But we weren't sure if it was deep enough, so my comp dunked me just like a baptism. But don't worry, he didn't say the words or anything, so it wasn't sacriligious. And it was deep enough. So, now all we have to do is find someone who wants to be baptized in a river like Jesus or Joseph Smith.

We also had interviews with the mission president this week, which is always good, because it's not everyday you can have a one-on-one with the guy who holds the keys to your area. 

And contacting here is a hit and miss. For example, one day this week we contacted an older couple. We sat down and talked for 45+ minutes about prophets. They were very interested and it was going super well, she even said that she believed we were the only church on the earth to have a true and living prophet. Of course I was excited, but only for a quick second, because she quickly followed up by saying, "But, I was born a Catholic and I'm going to die a Catholic." So yeah, that happened. And the next day we knocked on this guy’s door and he quickly told us that he read our book, The Book of Mormon, two times and he said he knew it was true. So that was great. 

Also this week was general Conference. I spent the whole week listing to conference talks to prepare. And on Saturday and Sunday I listened to the ones from this session in Spanish. I actually understood a lot, but now that I have computer access I’m excited to download them in English and listen for real. Oh and Russia will be getting a temple!!!

Other things that happened this week: I finished All Of D&C in Spanish and should have The Pearl of Great Price done by next week. I saw a 2 or 3 year old smoke. Imagine that a little child wearing nothing other then a diper smoking a cigarette, stares at you with a look that says, "So, What?" then throws it on the floor then steps on it to kill the flame. Yeah...

They also have a thing here called abichulela con dulce, which in case you didn't know, is pretty much hot chocolate mixed with beans, potatoes, crackers and other delightful stuff. Every house we went to offered us some this week. And this literally is the only thing I had my whole mission that I couldn't finish. My comp loved it because he got have mine too.



Wow, thanks for the reminder. I would not have remembered it was Johan’s b-day. Guess who went swimming today? In a river. My president gave us permission to baptize in a river so we went to se if it was deep enough.

Hey, at some point can you make a folder of all the recipes, activities, and traditions that we do every year, so like I can do them in college and with my kids and stuff? Sweet, thanks mom


Oh and I talked to the mission presidents wife and she says I need to get the paper apostated before it gets sent here. So if you can print of a new one and get it apostated first that would work. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment