Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, April 23, 2018

Derek: Captain's log Week 24: Bola de Pintura Otra Vez





"15 And those who did belong to the church were faithful; yea, all those who were true believers in Christ took upon them, gladly, the name of Christ, or Christians as they were called, because of their belief in Christ who should come.
16 And therefore, at this time, Moroni prayed that the cause of the Christians, and the freedom of the land might be favored." (Alma 46:15-16)

Ok, so a lot to talk about. Today we did paint ball again, which was obviously super fun. And we did it with the whole zone this time, so there were a lot more people there. But more importantly, we had the baptism this week of Marcil, which was kind of a mess but it worked. It was supposed to start at 6, but by 6pm: the water wasn't filled yet (because our church has no water), we couldn't get the cabinet with the white clothes open, the talks, prayers and song weren’t planned yet, and our brother to be baptized was nowhere to be found. But we ended up having a nice baptism at 6:45.

 We also got transfers this week. I will be leaving Villa Altagracia to Los Coloines in Azual. I’m actually super excited. But everyone says that Azual is the hottest zone in the mission and I will literally be getting there right in the beginning of summer and probably not leave until summer is over. I’m also getting another Latino comp from Honduras. I like Villa a lot, but I’m ready to leave too. But its ok because we planted a lot of seeds here this transfer. And I think my comp is really going to miss me, but don't tell him I said that.





Mom: Is there anything you want me to send you?

Derek: Yes, send me an American flag.

Mom: HAHAHA oh, NOW you want an American flag? What about the one you left in the theater London and were too chicken to go back and get it? How about that flag? Oh yeah, now it’s probably in a land-fill. No loyalty. 

Derek: I don’t want to talk about it.

Mom: I know. The shame is real. Plus if anyone ever found out it could ruin your run for the White House.

Derek: Stop. The NSA is reading this.  

Mom: Ok. Shhhhhh. Flag, what flag?

Derek: Hey, I’m going to have to go. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment