Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Dylan: You Raise Me Up



Семя и друзья,

So because of the Syria bombing and Russia's relationship with them, we received a text Saturday morning telling us to go low cover until later notice, to take off our ties when on the streets, to ignore and walk away if someone ask if we are Americans, and to lay back on our finding activities. I worry about the possibility that turn more into realities day by day, but I know God's kingdom will press forward no matter what. We always have some lovely Russians who are very straightforward about what they think about our church and us Americans. Like one of my favorites of the week we were on a marshrootka and some nice babushka asked us what church we were from and some grumpy older man yelled from the back  "Who called you here" and my companion who I love said back "a prophet of God" and than he told us to go talk to our prophet then because they don't want us here. we aren't even proselyting all we do is help people. My companion and I were telling each other and making up missionary quotes as we were in bed trying to fall asleep and it was hyping us so much that I fell out out of the top of our bunk bed and all of a sudden we started working out and doing pushups and burbys and stuff until we were able to let the hype out so we could fall back asleep, it was so funny and much needed. We started this thing to help us wake up in the morning where we go over to our window that looks over the city and open it and look out and than one of us says something to pump us up for the day.

It's been my hardest week. I try my hardest to give my all to do everything right, I never stop studying, but I am not getting anywhere. I feel so helpless and so stupid, I have lost all my confidence. I can't seem to remember any Russian, and I've been on my mission for over 5 months and I still can't understand what anyone is saying. I don't know why this is so hard for me, I give it my all, and I work nonstop, even though every time I open my mouth no one seems to understand me or they just laugh, but I still try my hardest to talk to everyone I can. I want nothing else more in the world but to be an instrument in God's hands to help these people and their needs, I just want to be able to understand them so I can know how to help them and share my testimony. It all started hitting me and I just felt so low and helpless, my heart feels so heavy and I can't seem to stop crying in my prayers, I try not to think about my struggles but only about my investigators. I don't know why I can't seem to receive God's help in this, I think he want's to break me down and humble me first, but I never would of thought humbling would be this painful. I know that I am nothing, for as to my own strength I am weak. I know that I need him every hour. I know that I don't have the capacity to do this on my own. I know that I need him to raise me up. I just want to help these people so bad, and I try to give them my all, but I didn't think giving your all would drain you so much and hurt so bad. I try to remember that God is trying really hard to break me down, and I need a lot of breaking down, so he can build me up even stronger. 


Elder Van



No comments:

Post a Comment