Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, April 9, 2018

Dylan: Christ has Risen! It is True; He has risen!



I don't have much time, but it was a crazy week. I had my first Visa trip, where we have to leave the country, which we have to do every 3 months in Russia. So I took a flight to Moscow, to the capital of Armenia, then back to Rostov. We woke up at 3am. It was quite the day, but Armenia was cool. I actually walked out of the airport to say I was in the country. It's a poor country that’s like a desert with crazy mountains around. The immigrant guards asked me so many questions and they all only spoke Russian. They were all sketched out because we use 2 different passports, so it looks really fishy, and they started getting mad at me and pulled me aside and brought some other officials to examine it, and they finally let me go. Every time it's so sketch. People literally think we are spies here, So many times, especially this week, people come up to me on transport or when we are having friendly conversations with people, that they know who we are, and that they will get all the cops on us as they start yelling and cussing at us and then everyone else will jump in and just start chewing on us until we leave. But it's ok. I've been humiliated and mocked and yelled at in so many different ways, nothing they do bothers me. 

Also on our way to a lesson a totally drunk 27 year old married woman (to a Russian "CIA" agent) was with her 9 year old son and her 2 friends that were like 16, was trying to talk with us, and was trying to get at us.  She was trying to also offer her friends. It was really disgusting and I felt bad for her son that would see her act like this right in front of him. 

We actually gave a BOM to an awesome potential we've befriended so hopefully things work out. This is my first week of the transfer and with my new companion, Elder Altuhov, who is awesome. He has such fire and a good model for me, but he is also not perfect, but he is a great Elder.

 In Russia, on Easter, random people will say on the streets  "Christ has Risen", then you say back, "It is true he has Risen." I think it's a really cool tradition they do here, I think you also are supposed to kiss after but we won't be doing any of that ;)

So yesterday was Easter in Russia. We watched some of GC at church and it was cool experience to be with our branch of 24 watching it on a small TV screen at church. But we left with a member in the ward and drove 2 hours out of the city and gave his wife's aunt who just got diagnosed with cancer a blessing because he believes that if she gets healed his whole family will come back to activity, because right now he is the only one. So we sang "He is Risen" and gave her the healing blessing outside her cottage, while doing so all his family was watching and just laughing at us and making jokes and comments as if we were fools. I felt so bad for Gennady, the member who brought us. All of his family thinks that their dad and husband is a fool. They all went inactive when their oldest son jumped off a building and killed himself, but a missionary came to his house when he was drinking at his low and brought him back to full activity.  He was also a branch President before he went inactive. I just feel so bad because he would do anything for his family to be happy but they have no respect for him. I love that man; the spirit was so strong when he blessed her, even with all of his family's laughter. So we were there at that little village all day and walked with him to a 150 temple, and to a cool cemetery. I will never forget that Russian Easter.

It's been a tough week, but I like and invite the challenge. It only makes me stronger and closer to my Savior. He Lives!

Love Elder VanBuskirk


Also Johan I hope you had a great b-day. And happy birthday to my hero and older brother Nate! Love you bro! Ladies he is still single!

Love you mom! I'm so excited about Donavan you don't even know, I just printed the email but I skimmed to that part! Also yes I do play the piano, we have a pianist in our ward, but I still play for district meetings, and for lesson, and other stuff. Love you!!!!!! The picture with the short sleaves was Russia It's really nice here right now! Hey I put new pics and voice messages on Dropbox for you.
Love you mom so much. 






How is Rick’s family doing? I will of course, they are in my prayers everyday. Can you also give me Grandma Vs email if she has one also Grandpa Devine.

































No comments:

Post a Comment